Saturday, February 19, 2011

Germany!!!

So I did it!!!!!!!!!! Cross it off the list...I did it and it feels fucking amazing!!!! I went to Germany and it kicked my ass!! haha.  What an experience!!! I took about 2000 pictures thanks to my friend Jess!! She let me use her Cannon Rebel something SLR...awesome camera!!
I'm not one to make a game plan considering nothing ever goes according to plan...but I got my plane ticket...train ticket...picked out which cities I'd like to visit...searched for hostels and hotels before hand.  I pretty much knew what I wanted to see so it wasn't that hard.  The weather was pretty much the same as in the US...so I packed accordingly...I took a few unnecessary things which I had to leave in different hostels which I'm sure someone found use for them.  My back pack was about 33lbs so it wasn't bad.  I had the camera bag with lenses strapped to my front and when I was out or hiking I'd have a sling pack on my back.  I landed in Frankfurt...got my back pack and headed for the train.  This train the ICE was amazing...top speed of 186mph...the fastest I saw it reach was 125mph...when I wasn't staring out the window!!  Speaking of that...I was staring out the window and missed my stop...so I had to go an hour east...wait an hour...then go an hour back west...pay attention!! I finally got to Freiburg and my journey began!!

No comments:

Post a Comment