Friday, July 08, 2011

Sixth sense

Don't you hate it when something you do...see...smell maybe even touch reminds you of someone!? I wish there was someway to disconnect that attachment from that person. Most times it can be pretty depressing! I caught a whiff of perfume that triggered my senses! Where the fuck do I know that from!? I was racking my brain...flipping through memories (for you that don't know I don't have any memories before the 9th grade...idk why...i've been in therapy and we can't figure out why...anywho) memories...places...people...then it hit me like a freight train...it was the perfume she used to wear...I would wake up smelling it...the nights I'd sleep alone I could smell it on my pillow. I'd smell it when I'd look into her eyes to tell her I loved her...the foods she liked...the places we'd visit...it brought it all back...needless to say it didn't make my day. I wish I could embrace the memories and the fact that I got to spend this time with her...but I can't.
It's not so funny how something that excites the senses can make or break you. But it will remain with you till the end of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment