Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I do...not

Anyone else think that marriage is obsolete!? We've all heard the statistics "50 percent of marriages end in divorce!" That's actually not true. After doing a quick research...the numbers don't add up to that.  It also depends on age...sex and what marriage they're on. To me marriage seems like an event that is required to fit in with society. I was in a 14 year relationship and once we were in college all we heard was "when you getting married" over and over. I swear a day didn't go by without someone asking!  So I was married for almost seven years. Needless to say three months after we were married she was a different person. It was as if I married a complete stranger. 
I never understood why people got married. Why must we get married if we're happy with how things are!? You could say it's a religious thing cause god sprinkled fairy dust and said so...yet he can't stop a pedophile from raping a little kid...however you can get married without the church but some religions won't recognize it or won't baptize your kid or give you jesus juice. On the other hand you can't get married without the state because they get to tax most couples. Politics and religion...the two most crooked pieces of shit going. 
I've talked to a few people about this and the majority said that other than being in love...they're looking for commitment. I still beg to differ...if I'm in a relationship and I'm in love...aren't I committed!? But like a friend was saying...this is a never ending argument. 

No comments:

Post a Comment