Saturday, August 27, 2011

Well hello...

 I must confess...I'm a people watcher! It's an addiction I know...haha. I stumbled upon this little coffee shop a few weeks back and I have my usual spot I sit in that faces the front door and counter...perfect spot for me to get my fix! Needless to say I see a lot of people walking in and out. All shapes...sizes...colors...well mostly white people haha...but have you ever been sitting somewhere or walking and see someone that either A. you would love to have a conversation with or B. wish they'd come up to you and say hi!? For me it's mostly women but there's a few guys that walk in and I'd like to know what's on their mind. 
Most people that know me know the first thing I look at on a woman is her smile...I think you can tell a lot from it...just a simple smile or a laugh...which I think is sexy also! I think...personally...that an attractive woman can smile and it makes her no so attractive...same goes for a not so attractive woman I think a smile can make them more attractive. For instance one of girls here at the cafe...I wasn't attracted to her...she's bit of a plain jane...but when she smiled...it lite up her face...I thought she was beautiful...I could sit there for hours and just stair at her and listen to her talk. It's funny how things make or break people...you could be drop dead gorgeous and have an annoying voice or just have no personality...and again on the other hand people's personalities really make them!
On a side note...I don't know what it is with this country but people act like everyone has the plague. I've been to quite a few countries in the Caribbean and in Europe...I see it a lot where people will just sit and strike up a conversation with anyone. I backpacked through Germany for two weeks and took the train almost everyday...people would get on...sit next to anyone and start off with a nice "hi" or "how's your day." Here in the US people will leave seats open and stand rather than sit down next to someone. Just like now...I'm on the subway and this guy that has a baby strapped to his chest and wont sit next to me or any other open seat. I realize he has a baby and might not want to bother anyone but I just find it bizarre. And if you do sit next to someone or if start talking to them...they either get freaked out or they look at you like you asked them the square root of something! 
I spoke too soon...this girl just sat next to me...however I have my headphones on haha. Now I'm sitting outside at Starbucks there's four tables and nobody's out here with me...I'm in downtown Boston by the way...this chick comes out and sits in the furthest seat from me...I promise I showered! About 10 minutes went by and this other chick comes up...with two tables between chick number one and I...and walks past me...I look up and smiled at her...she smiled back and sat at the table with me...then her two friends came out and were talking...they were German...go figure! 
Back to my point...sometimes I walk in and see a woman either on her laptop or reading and I'd like to just go up to them and sit down and strike up a conversation. Maybe they're having a bad day and it might make them feel better...maybe they'll think I'm just a creep. None the less if I was sitting there nine times out of ten I'd enjoy someone coming up to me to have a chat or to say hi. Maybe you or I should try saying hello to someone...it just might make their day! 
*Thanks Murrrr :)*

No comments:

Post a Comment