Sunday, September 04, 2011

Beam me up...

I got into thinking the other day...would I rather have a time machine or a teleporter!? This wasn't a random thought...it stemmed from a conversation I was having with a friend. All I could think was how I wish I stayed on my meds and I didn't have to move. Then I thought I wish I could be there right now with her...to see her face and give her a hug...maybe talk for a bit.
I thought I'd rather have a time machine...however there has to be rules. You can't change events of others only your own...but you have to beware of a butterfly effect...one small ripple can have a mass effect on everything. This would be a great opportunity for me to go back and slap the shit out of myself and fix those few things in life that I regret. If only I had done just the slightest thing none of this would have happened...but it happened and I can't change that.
I think having a teleporter would be the best of both worlds. I could live where I want yet be with the people I want to be with. I'd be sane...wouldn't that be nice! It would make my life a million times easier. I wouldn't have to leave the ones I love or began to fall in love with. I would't have to think of her constantly...I could hear her voice and feel her touch. However I realize that this is the real world and I need to face the facts. You can't always get what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment