Thursday, September 16, 2010

Itinerary

So the Germany trip is coming together piece by piece...I had a hard time trying to figure out where to start...well I'm flying into Frankfurt but where to go after that!?  One of the biggest obstacles is trying to avoid back tracking...I dont want to have to travel 6hrs to a city then have to go 8hrs back the same way...I have 10 solid days to travel throughout...I can't waste anytime!!  I'm primarily focusing on southern germany...if all goes some what according to plan I'm going to be able to visit two concentration camps...Neuschwanstein castle and the Kehlsteinhaus (eagles nest)!!  The last tour for the eagles nest is Oct. 31st...i'm arriving in Germany on Nov. 2nd!! From Berchtesgaden to the eagles nest is about 7.5 miles on a mountain 6000+ feet up!! I should take me about 3 hours to get there. 
Here are the cities I want to go to...

Frankfurt
Freiburg (Black forest, hell valley railway)
Stuttgart (Porsche headquarters and the auto museum)
Hohenschwagau (Newschwanstein & Hohenschwagau castle)
Berchtesgaden (Eagles nest)
Dachau (Concentration camp)
Nuremburg (Nazi rallies, Nuremburg trials, Flossenburg concentration camp)
Rothenburg od der Tauber ("Well preserved medieval town")
Frankfurt


Thanks Wikipedia!!

2 comments:

  1. man im soo frickin jealous cant u take the gold plated elevator to the eagels nest? i told hubs to see if anyone in irelands been to germany to see how hostels are

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea you can ride it up...but it closes Oct 31st :o(

    ReplyDelete